Case Manager continued
Some of the key requirements ,,
• Maintain service level relationships with government and NGOs, and other stakeholders
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date records / reports in required databases
The qualifications & experience required are:
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (social work, human services, psychology etc)
• Demonstrated understanding of current casework practice for children and young people, people with a disability or people with a mental health issue
• Demonstrated experience in working with children and young people in out-of-home care, people with a disability or people with a mental health issue.
• Demonstrated ability to develop quality case plans or individual plans that are consistent with appropriate policy and procedures.
• Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously in carrying out agreed case plans, or individual plans, for multiple clients simultaneously.
• Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to apply these skills in case management.
• High level organisation and time management skills, which includes the ability to reorganise work priorities to meet changing demands.
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals, families and/or groups from strength-based culturally appropriate perspective.
• The ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• High level communication, influencing, liaison, negotiation and mediation skills.
• Current Drivers Licence.
• Professional registration if required
Employment Officer continued …
• Working with Jobseekers with a Disability to identify and address their barriers to education and employment
• Placing Job Seekers into sustainable employment at their benchmark capacity
• Placing Job Seekers into relevant education and skills development programs in accordance with the needs of the local labour market
• Working with community providers and health professionals to meet the needs of Job Seekers
• Supporting Job Seekers in the workplace to ensure that employment is sustained long term
• Continually and regularly researching local labour market needs by talking to local employers
Key Selection Criteria:
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated high level professionalism, compliance and attention to detail
• Ability to manage time and workloads effectively to business priorities in a challenging environment
This is a rewarding role and helps reduce the gap in workforce participation experienced by people with a disability in Australia. Employment consultants are passionate about making a difference.